There is just something amazing about bringing children into this world. Until you've experienced it, you'll never understand. Making bodies for those little spirits, is a very powerful gift that we all have.
My wonderful sister in law Heather is about ready to have my new nephew Logan and I couldn't be more thrilled! I can't wait to meet the little guy, breathe in his awesome newborn smell, and gaze at his little pink, wrinkled face. Some people think newborn babies are ugly. I don't. I think the wrinkliness of them all is so beyond adorable that I can't even find the adequate words to describe it.
One of my old roommates announced that she is now having her first. I am SO excited for her. I seriously cannot find the words to express my delight that she will be a mother soon. I always thought she'd be a good mother.
We just had another of our own, and she (just like her sisters) is healthy and perfect. We adore her, and are enjoying her smiles and laughs. She has already started rolling over. Next she'll be crawling. They grow too fast. I enjoy every. single. phase. that children go through. When people ask what my favorite is, I can't tell them, because I don't have one.
But I can tell you which one I miss the most, because it goes by the fastest. The newborn stage. I miss the way a newborns body will conform to yours. They do this because it makes them more secure. But you blink and they are starting to become aware that they are separate from you, their mother. That is when that goes away. It makes me sad. I miss the smell that newborns have. Their skin just has this awesome smell that goes away far too fast. I miss the way that they don't have control over their limbs, so they just sit and wriggle around (it's so cute.)
The newborn stage goes by far too quickly. Though the stages after that, tend to be the "cutest" because those stages are when the learn to smile, laugh, reach for you, roll over, etc.
I love all things baby. I love babies. I will be sad when we're done having kids, but I'll also be happy to see the ones we do have grow.
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Only 5 more weeks til logan makes his appearance!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can't believe it!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!!! It's so close! Are you ready Mommy? You are going to be so great!! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Crys. :)
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome Katie!! Love ya! :)
ReplyDeleteWe are so very blessed and I agree with you on all of this. I love more than anything being a mommy and I appreciate you helping me keep that in my mind when they where driving me crazy today. I totally miss my babes being babies and it really did go by way, way to fast. My little man is my last and I know that I would love to have more if I could but that is just not in the cards. But I am thankful for every moment I have with them. And wish time would just slow down permanently. :') >>hugs<< Love you blog and sorry it took me so long to finally find you! ;)
ReplyDeleteI cant wait to see what it's all like for myself! You are such a great mom, and sister, and wife, and daughter! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Muah!
ReplyDeleteAll completely true! Newborns are amazing!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Suzy! :)
ReplyDeleteYes Tami, they are!