I find cleaning enjoyable, in fact I think it's downright fun. Yes, call me crazy but I do. Now conjuring up the actual energy to do it is an entirely different story.
I have been (for quite some time now, 20 years at least) an extremely lazy person. Maybe lazy isn't the right word. I don't know how to explain it. I like sitting. Once I'm sitting I find it very irritating to have to get back up. Paul Reiser (of Mad About You fame) wrote a book and he mentioned that he too liked to sit. He said that once he sat on the remote control and it dug into his back, yet he still didn't move, he likes sitting too much.
Now I am not like that, but I do love to sit and if I have to choose between getting up and cleaning (which I love to do if you remember) or sitting comfortably in a messy home I will pick sitting.
My trick is to not sit down when I have something to clean/do. If I have to clean the bathrooms I clean them and THEN sit down. Pretty good strategy eh? Then I can sit AND have a clean house.
Alas, that is not always the case. Sometimes I forget that I have rooms to clean. I have made it a rule to NOT clean while my children are awake. I would MUCH rather be spending time with them, (obviously this rule will not apply once they are all teenagers, but hey by then they will be in school most of the day, so I can still find the time to clean.)
Anyway, so the time I have to clean is when they are all taking their naps. I get distracted sometimes though, I get to playing with my kids and by the time their naps roll around I'm so busy changing diapers and getting water etc, that when they are all actually IN their beds with their eyes closed I just crash on the couch. Ten minutes later I'll realize "Crap, I need to clean __________." Then I proceed to enjoy my blissful sit on the couch, until I really have to get up.
Friday, January 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







ROFL you are funny and I am too a sitter! ;D LOL
ReplyDelete