h3.post-title {font-family: 'Lobster', serif;}h1 { font-family: 'Lobster', arial, serif; }

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

All You Need Is Love

Someone once asked me, "How can you be so happy and energetic at 6 o' clock in the morning?" This question was asked by one of my friends in the olden days (AKA college) I was up at what felt like the crack of dawn, fresh faced and ready to start the day anew. My answer to his question was pretty simple, "Because I CHOOSE to be."

That's it. I choose to be happy every day.

Pretty simple, and positive thinking really works!

When you really think about it though, it IS all a matter of choice. If you wake up and start grumbling immediately about having to be up you aren't going have a very good start, and if you continue with the negative thinking your day will only continue to get worse.

When I first wake up I lie in bed for about ten minutes. I give myself time to wake up. Then, the first thing I do when I open my door is go wake up my kids. That in and of itself is enough to put a smile on anyones face. Opening their door and hearing, "Mommy!" as they rush over to give me hugs, then walking over to the crib to find a chubby infant smiling up at me with her nose all wrinkled up. THAT is what MAKES me want to get out of bed.

I put a smile on my face and say to myself, "I'm going to have a good day."

Let's be honest... it doesn't work EVERY day. I still have my days that I would like to crawl back in bed and go to sleep. Really thinking about it though, I am happy 98%of the time. I have no reason NOT to be. I have an amazing husband who adores me and treats me like a queen, and I have three beautiful daughters who fill my days with smiles and laughs (and poopie diapers , courtesy of Cadence.) Love, that's what I have, love streaming in from all sides of me.

That's it. That's all I need.

3 comments:

  1. so true! I try and think positive when I get up. Not so easy when it is 30 grumbling adults you see first thing, but still good lol. At least I see a sister and my dog before work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to be positive too. Sometimes I'm positive the people that come into my office are jerks, and sometimes I'm positive they're not. Also, as hard as I try, most days I'm positive I don't want to go to work. On the bright side though, I'm positive that I love my family! (Plus more even)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! I've always been a big believer in positive thinking, and the older I get, the more wisdom I find in thinking that way. I've read a lot of great books in the past year that teach about the Law of Attraction, aka the Law of the Harvest, which is "you reap what you sow." If you want life to be good, you have to think good thoughts. We create our own experience by how we choose to think, act and be. People need to take responsibility for their own lives and realize that if things keep happening that you don't like. It might be because you're always focused bad things or worrying that things might go wrong. It's not always easy to let go of the victim mentality, but once you do it's awesomely empowering to know that we have the power to create the life we want. Yay for being positive! I love you Crystal! We need to hang out sometime!

    ReplyDelete