h3.post-title {font-family: 'Lobster', serif;}h1 { font-family: 'Lobster', arial, serif; }

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sisters

I spend a lot of time pondering why we have had all girls. We're on our third now and it's just so random to me that Craig's two older brothers had boys first, (boys skipped over us) and his younger brother is having a boy first.

Obviously it's Heavenly Fathers plan. But that's what makes me curious. Why did we have to have three girls first? What are those beautiful, wonderful girls supposed to do in this life that they wouldn't have had the chance to do if we had, had boys first?

I know that the answers to these questions of mine might not come for a long time. But it really makes me think, you know? They have a purpose they were sent here to fulfill. They are destined for greatness.

I'm always getting comments, not only by family members and friends but perfect strangers about how Emma is SO smart. She is. She's amazing! I've never met a more intelligent child in my life. Don't get me wrong, she is still a three year old, she has her tantrums, her fits etc... But she is wise beyond her years. I sometimes forget she is only three, I find myself very frustrated with her when she throws her tantrums. I think to myself, "She should know better." But the thing is, she shouldn't. She's still learning, just like any other three year old is. I OVER estimate her. I know sometimes I expect too much of her, but again, it's because she is just so smart. You can tell, not just by the way she talks. I've gotten comments that you can see in her eyes that she is wise "an old soul" someone once said.

Addison is my spunky girl. She doesn't, and won't ever let anyone push her around. Yet, there is a sweetness about her. She is my cuddle bug. She can sense people's moods, she is always so concerned about everyone else. She always has to make sure everyone is ok. If I hear Cadence start to cry, by the time I get to her, I will inevitably find Addison bending over her, consoling her. She loves everyone, but she ADORES her sisters. The way she looks at Emma, like the sun rises and sets with her. The way she fawns over Cadence. That's the way she is. She loves you no matter what, no ifs, ands or buts. But don't try and cross her because she's just as mean as she is sweet. She gets that from me.

Then there is our sweet little Cadence. So even tempered. She's still so young, but her personality is already shining through. She is just so laid back. She's content to sit there for hours to watch and listen. As long as she's fed and changed (and her colic isn't affecting her) she is a joy to be around. The smiles she shoots me just melt my heart. The baby gurgles and coos I hear from her make me so overjoyed! I love the age she's at right now.

Three distinct personalities, yet the all come together somehow. They mesh well, they all get along (not counting the occasional toddler fights.) They were meant to be sisters, they were meant to be friends. Just like my sisters and I were meant to be sisters and friends. They lift me up when I'm down, they support me, they love me no matter what. I know my three girls will do the same for each other. They need each other, that is just one of the reasons I believe they came before any boys, and why they came so close in age.

I hope to have boys (or a boy) someday, but I love my girls and I wouldn't go back and trade them for boys for anything in the world or beyond.

2 comments: