Life happens. It sometimes keeps us so busy we aren't able to slow down and appreciate what we do have.
We've had, what seems like endless doctors appointments, callings, work, etc that have kept us busier than I'd like. We try to take a little bit of time out of each day to just be with our own little family though. Like taking the girls to get a free ice cream, or taking them to the park. We enjoy our little family, and try to take advantage of the time we have together.
But sometimes after the girls have gone to bed I find myself wondering, did I spend enough time with them today? I spend pretty much every waking moment with them, but that's not what I mean. I mean, did I put aside the things that keep me busy, to talk to them, to listen to them, to make sure that they know I love them? Was it enough time? I feel like there isn't enough time in a day to let them know how much I love them.
I read about an accident last night that involved a little 2 year old girl falling into a canal. It made me want to wake my kids up just to hold them. And again, it brought up the thoughts of, do I give them enough of my time?
If I could I would just sit and watch and listen to them all day long. Watching them smile, listening to them sing the silly songs they make up, or the songs they have asked me to teach them, hearing them laugh, seeing their faces when they see or experience something for the first time. But life keeps moving forward, and there are things that need to be done, responsibilities that Craig and I have to make sure the girls are safe, protected, fed, clothed, etc. Those things need to be dealt with so our girls can have a wonderful life. So, I'm sure time does get away from us occasionally.
I just hope it's not too much time. Because time with my girls is precious. They grow too fast. Emma is almost 4, Addie is 2 1/2, you blink and they are another year older. They are doing things that surprise you. Emma is learning to read, and she knows how to add, Addie is potty training and learning a million new words a day. Sometimes I sit back and think, 'Wait a minute, when did this happen? When did Emma grow tall enough to turn the lights on and off? When did Addie learn to use that word in a sentence?'
Like I said, they grow too fast. I'm enjoying them while they are young.
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







What a good, thought provoking post. Thanks for the reminder.
ReplyDelete