June is almost over and July is almost here! That means the 4th of July, yay!!! I try to show my patriotism in everyday life, but there is just something special about the 4th that I love. It's my 2nd favorite holiday after Christmas!
I had someone once tell me (when she saw me in my red white and blue) that she wasn't patriotic, went off on it basically. It made me so angry! How could someone be so ungrateful? People died to make her free so she could sit on her butt at home and complain about them? That doesn't seem right.
This person is also LDS and it made me think about how ungrateful she is to our Heavenly Father as well. It makes me wonder if she's ever really read the scriptures or if she's ever really listened to any talk, any member of authority has ever given. Because if she had then I guarantee she would at least appreciate the sacrfice, it's explained to us over and over again. But there again, to me she has always seemed like an ungrateful selfish person. There is just no teaching her.
I for one am grateful for it all and I'll be wearing our country's colors proudly!
I'm not saying that someone who doesn't enjoy the 4th of July as much as I do is unpatriotic. You don't have to wear red, white and blue clothes to show that. But I like wearing them.
The words of this song move to tears just thinking about it:
I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free, and I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me and I'll gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today, cause there ain't no doubt I love this land, God bless the USA.
I love my country, I love the liberties that I have because of the people that fought for them.
A little bit of homework: What does patriotism mean to you? Feel free to leave a comment about what you think it means.
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Amen and then some!
ReplyDelete