h3.post-title {font-family: 'Lobster', serif;}h1 { font-family: 'Lobster', arial, serif; }

Friday, May 14, 2010

I started this blog a while ago, and I haven't really written anything. Oh well. I'm rectifying that now!

Well I only have 17 weeks left to go in this pregnancy! Which feels like so little, but at the same time FOREVER!! I'm waiting as patiently as I can for this baby to come and be healthy! I've seen, heard and read so many things that make me nervous for this pregnancy when I wouldn't have ever thought of them before.

There were so many things I was worried about during the ultrasound. I have a friend whose baby died after birth because of a heart defect, and there is a specific heart defect that runs in my family. Those two things made me anxious for a healthy heart. I have a friend whose baby was born with Spina Bifida, so I was anxious for a full spine. I have a friend who went in for her ultrasound and they found cysts on her baby's brain, so I was anxious for a healthy brain. The list goes on and on.

Maybe it was the miscarriage, but ever since then I have been so paranoid about everything!! The baby doesn't move for an hour and I freak out!!

Sometimes I feel like my miscarriage doesn't mean much to others. They brush it off like it was nothing, especially when they find out it was a blighted ovum, so I didn't technically lose a baby. But I lost something, I lost a part of me because of it. It still is something that I will never get over. It's something that will stay with me forever.

Thank goodness I have Craig. He is such an amazing man! He is my rock! I wouldn't have gotten through it without him. He held me up, and in turn I held him up. We got through it together.

When I found out I was pregnant with this baby I was shocked. We had been trying, but after a miscarriage (no matter what type) it makes you stop and think. Did it mess up your body? Are you able to have any more kids? Things I thought about, and cried about daily. This baby is truly a blessing from God.

Everyone thought this baby was a boy. EVERYONE! But the night before the ultrasound I knew it was a girl. Then I was given the wise advice that my Heavenly Father knows what our family needs. And my thoughts were confirmed. So when we went in for the ultrasound I wasn't the least bit surprised when we found out it was indeed a girl.

But it didn't stop the panic. We had a first name picked out for a girl, but every middle name we tried out with it didn't seem right. I started running through tons of baby name books, and narrowed it down to 2 that Craig and I both loved. There was one that I liked more than the other, but I didn't tell anyone. Craig and I decided to let our oldest daughter Emma pick the middle name out of the 2 names. She picked the name I liked!

So this baby's name will be Cadence Elizabeth! It fits her perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment