h3.post-title {font-family: 'Lobster', serif;}h1 { font-family: 'Lobster', arial, serif; }

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Sunscreen Song

When I first heard the sunscreen song I was shocked at how wise the words in it actually were. Because I'm awake, bored and thinking about it, I am going to tell you my favorite parts. Enjoy!


Wear sunscreen- So simple, yet almost everyone forgets to wear it. I know I did. I never wore sunscreen until I got a third degree burn on my shoulder from the hot Florida sun. As a mother, I am a fanatic about sunscreen now. Go figure.

You are not as fat as you imagine- Because really, what normal girl hasn't looked at a picture of herself and thought 'Gee, I could stand to lose a couple pounds.' only to see that picture years later after having children & thinking, 'Man, I was hot!'

Do one thing every day that scares you- The scariest things are the most worthwhile. Motherhood, for instance.

Sing- Ah singing. No matter how good or bad you are at singing, it really is a great stress reliever.

Don't be reckless with other peoples hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours- This one took me a while to figure out. I never had a TERRIBLE boyfriend, but I had some stinkers. Once I realized that I wasn't being treated kindly I let go of all those so called "stinkers" and met my wonderful husband.

Remember the compliments you receive. Forget the insults- I have yet to perfect this, but it is getting easier because quite frankly, anyone who has anything negative to say to me or about me isn't worth my time.

Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your living room- Dancing is fun, it also is a great stress reliever. It also is great for helping your hyper 3 & 4 year old children get the wiggles out before bedtime, and you HAVE to dance with them or else what's the point?

Travel- I haven't gotten around to doing much of this, but I'm young & before I know it my kids will be all grown up and gone. Which leaves me alone with my awesome husband to travel wherever our dreams take us.

You don't really have to agree with any of this...

But trust me, on the sunscreen.

5 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, Sunscreen. So important. Not wearing sunscreen = skin cancer being hacked off your shnoz when you're a youthful 26-year-old. Just ask my husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Yes, the same thing happened to my aunt. No fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, love it :) It's very true, all of it. Especially the singing and dancing, always fun and always makes me feel better after doing it. Plus watching adorable little kids dance around with me always makes me happy! There are definitely some things on there I could work on though....lol. Food for thought. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of these you are so right! :)

    ReplyDelete