h3.post-title {font-family: 'Lobster', serif;}h1 { font-family: 'Lobster', arial, serif; }

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Being a mom of 1...2...3

Being a mom has its stress, yes it does. But let's face it... what in life doesn't? Everything that's worth having is worth the stress to me. Having children changes you. Having more than one changes things too. The more children you have, the more your perspective changes.

Being a mom of 1- NO PROBLEM! I was.... duh-duh-duh-duh.... SUPERMOM!!
Being a mom of 2- Piece of cake, I can do this. I'm still Supermom, but slightly less so.
Being a mom of 3- I don't need to be supermom, I'm just fine being MOM!

I learned that I couldn't do it all, and that it was okay. I learned that with 3, the only times of day that I could clean will be during nap time, and bed time. So that IS when I do my cleaning. Nap time, and bed time.

Playing with my kids is more important than the dishes being done. If I don't get something done around the house... Oh well. At least I got to dance around like an idiot with my girls, making them laugh and squeal in delight.

Here is a list of things I learned from being a mother of three:

1)You can never have enough wipes on hand.

2)Preparing to go out in public takes preparation. It's a process. Not an afterthought.

3)You can never have enough lists to make darn sure you ARE prepared for any and every situation that could arise.

4)Bring a BLACK washcloth everywhere you go, put it in your diaper bag with all the necessities, like diapers and wipes. Trust me. Do it. You'll thank me.

5)The only way to watch TV is DVR or Hulu. When you have kids, you are either not watching TV at all, or you're watching what THEY want to watch.

6)Don't bother putting on real clothes until you have somewhere to go. Same goes for your kids. Why change them out of pajamas? No point. Too much work.

7)Shower at night when your kids are asleep. Or you don't shower at all.

8)Hand sanitizer is your best friend.

9)Don't wear earrings.

10)A carrier (for you to wear the baby) frees up both of your hands for the older two.

10 comments:

  1. I still think you are super mom ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWE, thank you Heather!!! That just made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post! And I agree with Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice list! Way to prioritize on the kiddos over the cleaning too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an extremely amazing mom of 3 adorable girls! Love that post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, thanks Kate!

    Tami, thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay you commented on my blog so I could find your blog! :) You are a pro with those three kids. I'm sticking with two. Two hands, two kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Number six is my fav, even if I give Mason a bath in the afternoon I put a different pair of clean PJ's back on him so he will be comfortable and ready for bed later on. There is no point of changing him in to jeans if we are not going anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  9. THANK YOU KATE!!! Alice, I know right? Seriously no point.

    ReplyDelete